Friday, July 18, 2008

Staying Focused when You're Tired!


So I'm having one of those Fridays where I'm just feeling a little lazy and unmotivated... I have plenty to do, but just don't feel like doing it. What's my problem? Well I think we all get in these moods and have dips of energy in our day. Unfortunately, my advice to you is not to just give in and take a nap, OR to just keep forcing yourself to slowing push through your tasks...Here's what I suggest when you want to manage your time and get more done, all while fighting a lack of energy...

If you're in an office with other employees, step away from your desk and take a brisk walk, maybe 5 minutes, (outside if it's not 110 degrees like it is here), and take in some big deep breaths.

If you're working from a home office, blast one of your favorite songs and dance around for 5 minutes. Yes- I'm totally serious here... I just did it in fact, and I feel like I had a shot of espresso...(ok, that would be a little too hyper considering I don't really do coffee). I played Natasha Bedingfield's brand new song and danced around... I have some cool moves! (ha ha)

Anyway, bottom line- when you're really struggling for energy or motivation, step away, take some deep breaths and move! You know what, even if you're in an office with others, I say dance around, but just play your favorite song a little quieter... I'm serious! You can teach others by example!!

No comments: